Rutland CAMRA Pub of the Year 2021 is the Railway at Ketton – AGAIN !!!
Our congratulations to all at The Railway. The ‘runner up’ is The Grainstore in Oakham We will be organising certificates and presentations to them ASAP . As background, the judges had a scoring matrix of 6 categories , all worth 10 marks , but the marks for Quality of Beer and Community focus had a double weighting to give a total of 80 marks available for each pub. The categories were
- Quality of Beer/Cider/Perry
- Style, Decor, Furnishings and Cleanliness
- Service , Welcome and Offering
- Community focus and Atmosphere
- Alignment with CAMRA principles
- Overall impression
The Railway will now go forward to the regional competition , the winner of which enters the national POTY competition.